Compress and decompress RAR files.Antony Peel
One of the most popular compression programs is WinRAR. It is a software application capable of compressing and expanding files in various formats, especially the RAR format, which is slower than the ZIP format, but that offers a higher compression ratio and larger data redundancy.
Having a tool capable of working with this kind of files is essential and thanks to WinRAR you'll be able to easily create and decompress RAR files.
- Compress and unpack RAR format files.
- Compatible with many other compression formats like ZIP, CAB, ARJ, TAR, JAR, ISO, 7z, BZ2 and many more.
- WinRAR has support for security attributes and data flows in NTFS files.
- Protect compressed files with a password and digital signatures. Block the files to avoid manipulation or eliminate important data more securely. WinRAR has been optimized in terms of security.
- Handle files of large size.
- Easy to use. Includes an assistant, known as Wizard mode to instantly check the basic functions of the program.
- Create self-booting and multivolume files.
Always at hand
Once WinRAR is installed on your PC you will be able to start using its functions in a very simple way. Its features include complete integration into the Windows context menu. You only have to press the right mouse button on the file to be able to view the options available.
Furthermore, another of the features is the possibility to check corrupt files. If the compressed file with which you'll have to work contains any kind of error, WinRAR will notify you.
There is a group of essential applications on any computer, and among them you have to include WinRAR. Download WinRAR for free and work with compressed files in RAR format.
Innovations in the last version
- Added extraction support for ZIP and ZIPX archives using BZIP2, LZMA and PPMd compression and extraction support for 7z split archives.
- Added support for AES-NI CPU instructions allowing to improve RAR encryption and decryption performance.
- Default theme images are scaled up with better quality in high DPI display mode.
- Environment variables, such as %temp%, can be used in "Files to add" field of archiving dialog.
- Switch -ai can be used when creating RAR archive, so predefined values, typical for file and folder, are stored instead of actual attributes. Previously this switch could be used only when extracting.
- The trial version can be used for 40 days.
- The trial version has certain limitations.
RAR Android 5.10 build 19
Compress and unpack files on your Android